Barrys and Sashas and Mavericks OH MY!

So each day I'm working on it, because its preventing me from living my best life. I'm climbing up to the platform. Turning away and placing my arms across my chest. I am trusting him not to hurt me intentionally. I am trusting him to love me as much as he says he does, I am trusting him with me, the little me inside that watches the big me make all the decisions. I'm not quite ready to fall back and not sure when I will be, but I'm climbing to the platform that has gotta count. Right?

Its funny the things I trusted and never doubted HR would do, he did. And I wasn't even devastated but I do think I was affected. I want so badly to fall back and let TOM A catch me and get to have that same cathartic cry of knowing it is ok to trust someone, and I think I will. I just know before I can I have to come to the realization that I trust him completely. Love, love is the easy part I can give that out all day, its the basic tenant of life for me. Loving is the easy part...trust...well that's a different story, but I think I'm ready to at least try. And as they say knowing is half the battle.


-OG

First I would like to thank all those who contributed to my soul bearing post that was inspired by the June Boatwright character in The Secret Lives of Bees. I read all the comments and for the most part think most people got me. However I did want to just go into a few more details based on some coments and stuff.

My trust issues, while great to me probably are not as dire as they read. However part of me is always exposing and talking about the parts of me that need tweaking. I always want to grow and be better and do better. To me I know I am not as open or trusting as I use to be, and to some degree I don’t like it, which is why I shared and is the thing the movie brought home to me in my face, you know the part and character I MOST related to. I am by no means walking around clutching my purse, heart, love but I am also not plunking down money on the Brooklyn bridge being as sold by some Idris Elba look alike.

I quoted the last paragraphs because for me they were the ones that were THE MOST important of this post and I like quoting myself makes me feel cool and wanted to make sure that everyone understands I am trusting, but it is hard. TOM A and I have talked and I feel secure and sane and healthy. Something about actually putting it out in the air as opposed to having the conversation in your mind. Not sure how it is for everyone else, but for me what my mind thinks is going to happen in the conversation is usually far worse than the ACTUAL conversation. I do miss the days when my mind couldn’t comprehend or go to scenarios that were so dramatical (I LOVE THIS NON-WORD). However I am who I am and it is what it is. That’s life. And I am sure the loss of the naivety is much better for me as a woman, as a person in genral.

Other Random Things
I’m voting today! Yep!I am probably voting right now as you read this. My absentee ballot came in the mail. I had to a little research on the under tickets, but I am about to place my X’s every where and mail this thing off!! This is so cool, I actually will remember this election and be able to say I was in Boston and voted absentee for the most historical election of MY LIFETIME. It has changed the world no matter what the outcome, but the outcome better be WHAT I WANT!

Boston, being the home of JFK (a president our fair Bare is often compared too), is a kinda special place to be. Boston, being the city where Obama was the first Black President of the Harvard Law Review, has significant relevance in this moment in history. It's kinda cool to me, like I said in Glamazon Glimpse I love living this life each day its kinda cool to see what God is gonna make it do!


I believe in women sticking together and recognizing how much we can learn from one another and asking questions. If you think someone is beautiful, watch them ask questions and see how you can do the same thing, as opposed to comparing yourself to them. That’s my motto.

-Beyonce, November InStyle interview

That is why I stan for her!! *lol*


Oh and this is why I stan for Sasha

Sasha Fierce


That’s all for today. Gotta go Barack the Vote.

SOLID!! Solid as Barack!! *lol*

Oh yeah tonight is the 30 minute BarackOmercial or variety show if he took SNL's idea. I LOVE this taxcut calculator, does McCaint have one of these on his website? No, he has a continuos loop of Maverick the movie running.

I think TBS should have played Maverick all night tonight as a counterad to Barack's closing points. I love that he is such a lawyer, closing points! Still not sure why you should vote for me. Well let me wrap this up...HERE IS WHY you should pick ME!! LOVES IT!

Be EZ,
OG

Comments

NoRegrets said…
I really like that 'solid as Barack'. Now I'll always think of that with that song.
Keith said…
I wish I could vote early here..I gotta wait until next Tuesday..I took the day after election day off..I'm gonna be too hoarse and tired (and possibly drunk) to go to
work the next day. Bey's new CD
"Sasha Feirce" drops soon. But,you
probably know that.
D C Cain said…
Beyonce! Beyonce! Beyonce! LOL She's such a woman. Love her.
@NoR Crys pointed out one must do the shoulders like Maya Rudolph when singing it! HA

@Keith not only do I know its about to drop in a few weeks, but it actually it’s a dual CD like Outkast’s Speakerboxx/Love Below (except its just here, but same concept 1 CD to different sounds)It's called I AM Beyonce (feature stuff like If I were a Boy) and I AM Sasha Fierce (features Single Ladies) I told you I STAN for Bey! *lol* http://whoissashafierce.com/ is even a little contest and Sasha has a MySpace page. I think its neat, I didn’t know Sasha had a last name but Fierce is so fabulously perfect for who Bey is on stage.

H-Town Baby

I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do election night. I don’t know a lot a people but I do know a few Harvard Law Students maybe I can celebrate with them…maybe they will be the next Baracks and Michelles.

@Smokie- you should read the InStyle article lots of shout outs to how we do it in the H! *lol* But she's a New Yorker now. I can respect that.

-OG
Eb the Celeb said…
I just posted 2 videos on my jonesin' blog as to why beyonce should not be allowed to record NOT another song... you might get a kick out of it...lol
Me said…
OMG!!! I thought I was the only GROWN Bey Stan!! LOL!!! I did karaoke one night and I WAS her!!!I worked the stage, tossed my hair, threw up the Roc sign, and owned it. Of course she can sing and I can't, but...for 4 minutes...it was all about me.
** Loved the "solid as Barack" thing! Hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot!
Election night I am attending a watch party...hopefully it ends in us celebrating as opposed to rioting over some shiggety!
@Raven- Girl naaw there a droves of us! And I am GROWNER than you. My crew calls me Buttonce (a big azzed Beyonce not be confused with Bigonce a Big AZZ Beyonce!!)

-OG

Popular Posts