Texas Boys...I mean MEN!!

Uh, now what y'all know bout them Texas boys Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise
_Pimp C (RIP)

As you may be able to tell from my last from last few posts, I’m starting to miss the place of origin… ground zero for this OG. The home of the Original Glamazon (you know like Africa is the home of the Original Man). Yep I am starting to get anxious to be home, to be south, to be with my friends and the other liked minded black folks’ souls. I don’t ever really miss home until I know I’m about to go there. Well I do miss them Texas boys comin’ down and candied toys, draped up and dripped out, getting throwed, while switchin’ lanes on wood grain. Okay enough Houston lingo for one day.

I do miss home sometimes, although Boston is great and rich with so much American history ( of both Americas black and white). I miss home the most when I’m about to visit, hence all these Houston blogs as of late. And when I talk to almost most of the men here I really MISS home, its something about them Texas boys, especially the ones raised in the small country towns that come to the big city. Its just the right amount of country mixed with ambition. That drive to look for something, yet be content with simple things. I wish I knew how to describe it to y'all out there. Yes that y'all was on purpose. Actually really it's swagger and we already KNOW how I, and many women, feel about swagger.

You can meet a Houston man who doesn't have much, but he takes pride in what he has. The hardest and thuggiest (is that a word?) of men say please, yes sir, and no ma'am. Always protects their elders. I mean I am sure it exist other places but a girl has to talk about what a girl knows anyway. They always offer you something, hold doors (although I'm not good at this so use to getting the door for my self), and in general are polite. I know I am romanticising because I'm homesick, but hey let me have my day. I'll probably be tired of those fools by the end of day one home. Texas men also know how to sexually harass the hell out of you as you walk down the street. *lol*

I know a lot about them Texas boys coming down in candy toys and I am glad I do. Anyway have a good day!

Be EZ,
OG

Comments

The Activist said…
Hmmm ,my first time here. I don't know anything about Texas Men but a lot about Nigeria Men since that where I was born, bred and living (lol). Nice blog
Sister Girl said…
Girlfriend,go on & say your thayng !

I love dearly my Texas bad boyz, because they give that respect like no other....(and one fine reason why I love to do that serious boywatching). When the heat backs off a little,I'll be at the park watching some serious softball/basketball going on at the park(nothing like seeing those form fitting softball outfits & that sweat pouring off a fine brother....oh my !)


One love...
Lenoxave said…
My sis lived outside of Austin for 5 years, I have an aunt in Corpus Cristie and a cousin in Arlington.

Texas men are certainly a breed unto themselves.
Doc said…
I guess all your exes live in Texas ;-)
@standtall Welcome. It's not a Nigeria but it is my little piece of the blogsphere. Enjoy

@SG- I KNEW you would understand

@sdg- I think some Texas men are bit much for you bicoastals to take! *lol*

@Doc- Yes sir they sure do, it’s why I hang my hat in Boston -hmmm doesn’t go as well as Tennessee. I guess I can either buy a hat and move to TN and hang it there –OR- I can stop lying because it’s not why I hang my hat (I don’t even WEAR a hat) in TN. I guess the latter.

-OG
Mizrepresent said…
I love it! Though i can honestly say never met that Texan boy, but i feel you...Got my eyez on this GA man...and he does all the things you speak about...OOOWHEE, i am so loving it too! Can't wait to see what's up next!
ta has folk
jus like memphis folk
and u will love africva

i have lived in s.africa, nigeria, ethiopia, senegal, malawi, zimbabwe

and been to a host more

so do that folk
Anonymous said…
Texas men also know how to sexually harass the hell out of you as you walk down the street. *lol*


YOU AINT NEVER LIED!!! lol girl I was walking thru Walmart yesterday sans my other half and I felt like prey in shark infested waters. I told Gene about it and he chuckled and said, "You know you loved it." lol

Popular Posts