Last Days

of '06 that is. Wow people just like 2005, 2006 has been a tremendous growth year for me. It has thrown me some curves I wasn't quite ready for, it has who I am and how I behave for the best part and it has encouraged and foster growth that I think was and is necessary for any woman, no any person who desires to be better. I have learned to look at the parts of me that I don't like so much and have the courage to change them even if it meant breaking with traditional or expectations of others. In 2006 I really learned how to love me the entire me. I learned to listen and to trust my gut when I don't think things aren't so right. I have learned to stop giving credit to individuals before they should get credit.

In 2006 I have truly had to practice my philosophy and belief of forgiving others, You know its always easier to talk about forgiving people than actually having to truly forgive them. This year I have learned that when the equation boils down and is simmered over that you have to love you more. You have to love you more than any bad situation you are in. I have learned how to be a true friend which includes correcting friends at the moment they are wrong, if you don't are you really being the best friend to someone you can. I definitely confirmed my belief that friendship is about growth and about pushing one another to be better. I have learned that life truly indeed does move on and even those wounds that hurt the worst and healed the slowest do indeed heal.

In 2006 I truly experienced that you can become family with those who don't share your blood, and I know that I am blessed to have that kind of bond with my friends because many people never experience the kind of love that I have from my friends ( my core).

In 2006 I got to a place where I can appreciate my marriage for the good and bad. I have come to a place to realize that my marriage definitely grew me up. 2006 has been a tremendous year of personal growth, professional successes, and triumphs over old demons.

Here in the last days of '06 I reflect happily on all that is was. I'm in a great position for 2007. My family is doing well. I am doing well. I feel LOVED and I feel loved simply because of who I am and not what I look like, or what freaky things I can do, or what benefits I can provide. I feel pretty on the inside, which is a great feeling to have. Ooooo I think they like me *lol*

As I sit here and face 2007, I am so excited. I mean like a fat kid about to get the biggest piece of cake in the world! I feel humbled and blessed to be in such a place in my life. I feel like I am my own woman. I have proven to myself that I can do what I said and I can do ok by myself. I have learned while I don't need man to help me accomplish those thing society expects for two people to do together like buy a house, that I will eventually get to a spot where I want a man to share that with me (trust me this is big GROWTH for a post-divorce pro-single woman to say). And while I'm a little scared of what lies ahead for me in 2007, 2006 has let me know I can do it. I can buy my own, I can hold my own, I can take care of my own, and I can and will not only survive, I am going to look great doing it and be successful at it.

In 2007 I have created a stronger bond with some of my baby cousins and my siblings. I have experienced the joy of being friends with my family and family with my friends. I'd say it doesn't get any better than that, but if things keep on for me like they are I would say that it will get better. How fabulously wonderful is that.

Hell maybe it is really the last days with me experience all this growth and learning and love and happiness. Ok ok I'm just joking. Well let go make sure I'm ready for the '07? I have a feeling its about to be one hell of a ride! I'm ready! I know I meet the height requirement so let me on this bytch called life and let me ride her til the wheels fall off!! Happy New Years to all of you and best wishes with all that you do and encounter in 2007!

Be EZ,
OG

Comments

Popular Posts